Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that gives on-demand entry to dozens of video games. It’s an excellent worth if you happen to prefer to play and uncover new video games, and now that it’s on PC as an alternative of solely being a console expertise, your subscription can observe you out of your Xbox console to your Windows desktop.
However, the growth to Windows PCs hasn’t been seamless. While an Xbox enables you to simply entry your Game Pass proper on the house dashboard, discovering Game Pass video games on a PC is a complete different story.
There are two methods to seek out Game Pass video games on PC. The first and best requires you to obtain a free app, although I believe it is going to be definitely worth the effort. The second methodology doesn’t require any further installations, however discovering suitable Game Pass video games is extra cumbersome.
First, get PC Game Pass
If you already subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, congratulations, you have already got entry to PC Game Pass, and you’ll skip this step. For everybody else, begin right here.
You should purchase a subscription to both PC Game Pass for $9.99 per thirty days or to Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99 per thirty days. The latter is Microsoft’s everything-in-one bundle subscription that additionally consists of Xbox Live Gold for on-line multiplayer on consoles and Game Pass for Xbox One consoles, in addition to PC Game Pass. If you’re a brand new subscriber, it’s price noting you could get your first month of PC Game Pass for simply $1.
Access Game Pass video games on PC through the Xbox app
This is the best, most user-friendly methodology of discovering Game Pass video games that may play on a PC.
- First, obtain the brand new Xbox app on the Microsoft Store on both Windows 10 or 11. Head to the Microsoft Store and seek for the Xbox app, or discover it at this hyperlink.
- Log in together with your Microsoft account. You’ll be handled to a extra luxurious person interface than the Microsoft Store supplies. Better but, it surfaces Game Pass video games on the primary display screen that you simply see, and in contrast to the Store’s default view, every part that the Xbox app shows might be performed on PC.
Once you’ve put in the video games that you simply need to play, you can begin them through the Xbox app or by means of a shortcut created throughout set up.
Access Game Pass video games on PC through Microsoft Store
All of the PC video games which might be presently playable on Game Pass might be discovered within the Microsoft Store, which is on each Windows pc by default — no further set up crucial.
As I discussed earlier, that is the marginally extra complicated methodology for locating Game Pass video games that work on PC. I like to recommend downloading the Xbox app listed above, however this selection works if you happen to’re in a rush and don’t need to cope with a obtain.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- On the Store homepage, click on the menu button on the bottom-left part of the window, then choose “Library” to see all the apps that you simply personal.
- You can then use the filter on the prime to point out solely video games, however this view doesn’t distinguish between bought video games or titles you’ve downloaded through GamePass.
- This view additionally consists of video games that may solely be performed completely on the Xbox console. And there isn’t a solution to filter the view to make Xbox One video games disappear.
Did I point out that the Xbox app for Windows is simply means higher?
Update March eighth, 2022, 2:20PM ET: This article was initially revealed on August twelfth, 2019; the information in regards to the Game Pass and a number of the screenshots have been up to date.