FIRST ALERT WEATHER DAY Until Noon In North Texas – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A First Alert Weather Day is in progress, and goes till Noon Saturday.
WHAT WE ARE WATCHING: Freezing drizzle/rain goes to fall in areas which are just under freezing this morning. The areas underneath risk cut up the Metroplex from Fort Worth/Denton and to the west and northwest. Bridges and overpasses might briefly ice over this morning making for harmful driving situations.
- Potential icing is confined to the western half of the Metroplex and northwest/west. This is the place we anticipate temperatures to drop to freezing and beneath throughout the morning, lengthy sufficient for freezing rain/drizzle to build up on the bridge/overpass surfaces. This will likely be a really skinny coat of black ice.
- The Winter Weather Advisory for elements of North Texas continues till NOON
- By afternoon this turns into a chilly rain, really, temperatures ought to rise simply above freezing into the mid-30s
- The mild rain/drizzle will proceed into the night earlier than the skies clear
- There will likely be black ice considerations tomorrow morning however seemingly very spotty as a result of mild quantities of precip.
READ MORE: Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For DFW Metroplex And Beyond From Early Saturday Morning To Midday
THE FREEZING LINE is the place temperatures are at 32 levels. We’ll watch this significant line (the place bridges/overpasses may freeze over) transfer west/northwest shortly throughout the morning. Below you’ll be able to see the varied forecast fashions present the identical pattern, although they do differ on the place that freezing line is:
We will watch the freezing precipitation (pink) get replaced by mild rain (inexperienced) because the day progresses. Below is the NAM Forecast Model, it has carried out fairly effectively during the last three icing occasions:
READ MORE: Ukrainian Immigrants In North Texas Rally For Support For Homeland Following Russian Invasion
In abstract of in the present day’s forecast:
The rain involves an finish this night as skies clear. There could possibly be spots of BLACK ICE tomorrow morning as temperatures slip down into the higher 20s.
MORE NEWS: Dallas County Drops Mask Mandate
ALL THIS IS OVER BY TOMORROW. While I’m hesitant to name it an END TO WINTER we expect highs within the 70s subsequent week as we begin METEOROLGOICAL SPRING on March 1st.